2010

2010: another year begins. People make resolutions, turn over a new leaf, and generally try and improve themselves for a short period of time and falling back into their hectic, day to day lifestyle they have developed over the years.

With this new decade and horizon ahead of me I enter my final quarter at the University of Washington undergrad program. That means I am now 100% in full swing for my Senior Thesis. This ridiculous task I have placed upon myself is the creation from beginning to end of a video game for the iPhone platform.

From the beginning I know I am doomed to fail, it is near impossible to do this single handedly create a game of depth in such a short amount of time (10 weeks!). Luckily I happen to have a wonderful support staff, i.e. friends, to help me in the many facets involved.

Everyone needs to start somewhere, and so mine begins with the creation of Moon Unit Productions. This brand new and cutting edge development house (of one) is devoted to creating a new rhetoric of critical thinking in the world of game development, pushing innovation.

Think of this as a Developers Diary. Over the next 77 days, I will be detailing every production decision I make and the reasoning behind it. I will cover my successes, my failures, and post all concept/production art, along with critical looks into the games I am currently playing.

And so it begins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment